1:12th scale Hot Rod and Mini
Hot Rod’s and Mini’s are a real basic and inexpensive way into the hobby. As very few modifications to kit spec cars are allowed, it means racing is very equal, with performance coming from the driver’s ability rather than different motors. Due to their basic design, the cars are very robust and easy to work on, without needing a degree in RC car set-up knowledge. Kits are cheap, spares are cheap but smiles are plenty. Build rules have been introduced to not only level the playing field, but to keep costs minimal and in line with other local clubs where you can race these cars.
Choose from 1:12th scale GRP or carbon
Mardave VRX Oe (VRX HR3 is allowed but only with the side brace removed)
Mardave Assassin Mini Racer
Kamtec Hot Rod 2L
Kamtec Mini Racer Hot Rod
Older versions of these cars are permitted.
No modifications to the kit chassis are permitted
Ride height must be no less than 3mm and is subject to spot checks to prevent damage to the carpet
- Example of a Mardave Mini
- Example of a Hotrod
Choose from Kamtec Satan Twenty, Kamtec K20, K21 or Core 21.
Mardave G2 20, G2 2010, HPI Saturn 20 or standard Silver can may be used but may not be allowed to compete in championship events, please replace with one of the three current motors above
No Tamiya Torque or Sport Tuned motors permitted
Choose from Mtroniks G5 Ultra RS, Mtroniks Viper or Kamtec K1
4 cell NiMh only, no maximum mah.
Kit mounting only.
14t, 15t or 16t pinion.
48t or 50t spur.
Wheels / Tyres:
Only standard kit wheels / tyre width is permitted (26mm)
Any Mardave, Kamtec or Contact foam tyres, any shore.
Steel axles only.
Wheel / tyres must not protrude from the body.
Any 1:12th scale Lexan or Polycarbonate Hot Hatch or Mini body shell.
- Water based tyre additive only.
- Rear axle must remain solid (No Diffs).
- Rear wings are permitted but must not be wider that the body shell itself.
- Battery placement must remain as per kit. No moving of parts in order to change weight distribution.
- Internal foam front bumper on Hot Rods. We recommend the Schumacher Supa Stox bumper U3942.
- Mini front bumper as per kit is allowed
Permitted Adjustments and Upgrades:
- Power capacitors or booster permitted. No limit on size.
- Internal rear bumpers are allowed.
- Permitted to use a part designed or bought outside the kit to attach the mandatory foam bumper to the car. This must not be a strengthening or bracing aid.
- Kingpin brace may be used.
- Any strength suspension spring front and rear can be used.
- Any size servo can be used, but with a price cap of £39.99 RRP. Any servo saver & servo mounts may be used.
- Any track rods, ball cups and balls may be used.
- Ball races are allowed on front and rear axles.
- Alloy Drive Hubs permitted. E.g Mardave Z Drive system or equivalent.
- Three Bolt axle conversion permitted to allow you use a wider range of rear GT12 tyre, although note the rule on tyres not protruding from the body.
- Shims permitted.